Prep 3 hrs
Cook 25 mins
I can only think of one word for this dish: YUM! Prep time includes marinating time.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 -4 teaspoons walnut oil (or dark seesame)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Marinate chicken in lemonade for 1 hour.
- Drain, reserving the lemonade and pat dry with paper towels.
- Stir together bread crumbs and nuts on a plate.
- Put the egg in a shallow bowl and beat lightly.
- Place 3 tbls.
- of mustard in another bowl.
- Brush the chicken with mustard, dip into the beaten egg, then dredge in crumbs/nuts.
- Chill, loosely covered, for 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat 1/2 inch of veg.
- oil with the walnut oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Add the breaded chicken and fry, turning once, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- While chicken is cooking, combine reserved lemonade, broth, and remaining 2 tbls.
- of mustard in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce over high heat to 1/2 cup.
- Add the cream and cook about 1 1/2 minutes to heat through and thicken slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper; and pour over the chicken.
- Serve hot.
This is so gooood! Very tender and moist. This is a keeper! Thanks Sharon123
this is so good made it last night and will be made again and again. thanks