Recipe by belkathy
This is a recipe we really enjoy. It was sent to me by a friend over the internet a few years ago. Hope you enjoy. Serve with rice or noodles.
Top Review by generation274
This recipe was excellent. I served it with baked potatos and mixed veggies. My family raved over it. I was hesitant about the mix of flavors but the lemon and wine and cream of mushroom mixed wonderfully. I also doubled the recipe, but I found that it made too much of the flour-coating. I recommend using only 1/2 cup of flour, even if doubling or tripling the amount of chicken. Overall, a delicious and easy recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 can cream of mushroom soup
- 5 3⁄8 ounces cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄2 small lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained well (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemons, zest of (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, thyme, basil, parsley, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- Coat chicken with mixture, patting off the excess.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Saute chicken over med heat until brown on both sides (10 min).
- In a bowl, mix soup, broth, wine, and lemon juice.
- Pour over chicken.
- Simmer covered for 20 min.
- or until chicken is no longer pink inside and juices run clear.
- Garnish with parsley, capers, and lemon zest, if desired.