exchanges: 2 vegetable
My Private Note
c servi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 lb green beans, cut into 2 inch lengths (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups thinly bias-sliced carrots
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon, rind of
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1In a large saucepan combine the chicken broth, coriander, salt, and black pepper.
- 2Bring to boiling; add green beans.
- 3Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- 4Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 5Add carrots, cauliflower, and sweet pepper.
- 6Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- 7Simmer covered for 4 to 5 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 8Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to a serving bowl, reserving broth mixture in saucepan.
- 9Cover vegetables; keep warm.
- 10In a small bowl stir together oregano, water, cornstarch, and lemon peel; stir into broth mixture in saucepan.
- 11Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- 12Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- 13Stir in lemon juice.
- 14Pour thickened broth mixture over vegetables.
- 15Toss lightly to coat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Mixed Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (932 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 106.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g