Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy and tasty whole grain side dish. From: http://munchkinfood.blogspot.com/
Make and share this Lemony Millet Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or use some of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes for more flavour)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup millet
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, well drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley (flat-leaf)
- In a medium saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the onion, celery, and garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables softened and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Add the millet; stir well to coat the grains in oil and cook about 1 minute more. Add broth, lemon juice, and sun-dried tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, cover, and reduce heat to low. Let cook for 20-25 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed, adding a little extra water or broth if it looks as though it is getting too dry. Remove from the heat and let sit 10 minutes until grains are tender. Fluff with a fork and serve.