Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Enhanced by Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning and the fresh flavor punch of basil and lemon, this pork slider dish is one of my favorite treats -- so much fun to put together and enjoy in a casual setting with friends and family!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten or 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix, divided usage
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 fresh lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 head butter lettuce leaf, cleaned, dried and chilled
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ground pork, bread crumbs, egg, 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mix, shallots, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, mixing well with clean hands just until well blended. Shape into small (approximately 1-inch diameter) balls/sliders.
- Mix remaining tablespoon seasoning mix with the Greek yogurt and lemon juice (reserve zest for later use), blending well; reserve, keeping chilled.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the sliders in batches, being careful not to crowd them, for about 5 minutes, or until browned on all sides, shaking the pan frequently to turn. Drain on paper towels and place in the oven while cooking the remaining batches.
- Place basil leaves into lettuce leaves; serve the sliders “nestled” into the basil/lettuce leaves topped with a small dollop of the Greek yogurt mixture; sprinkle with reserved lemon zest. Makes 4 main dish servings.
This is a 5-star recipe - perfect for entertaining or anytime and so easy to prepare!
This sounds great - and easy - maybe we can add it to our Super Bowl Food this Sunday!