Recipe by Chef Bon Peg
This satisfying blend of healthy ingredients is refreshingly reminiscent of lemony Mediterranean dishes. It can be served hot, room temp or cool.
Top Review by lol srsly?
Delicious! I was looking for a good lentil recipe and decided to give this a try - and I'm glad I did. It is hands-down some of the best lentils I've ever had. The lemon juice really added a lot of flavor. I used fresh spinach instead of frozen and it turned out great.
- 1 cup French lentils (green lentils)
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed to get rid of excess liquid (may use fresh if available)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water & lentils to a boil in a large heavy pot. Reduce heat, cover & simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion in a large pot in oil. Stir in garlic, cilantro, and spinach and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add potatoes and lentils with cooking liquid to cover. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer; cook 20 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice; serve immediately or when cooled or chilled as desired.