1/1 Photo of Lemony Lentil Salad With Salmon
From EatingWell: Summer 2004, EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008), and The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006). Salmon and lentils are a familiar combo in French bistro cooking; here they combine in a quick and easy salad. For the best presentation, flake the salmon with a fork, then stir gently into the salad to keep it in chunks, not tiny bits.
My Private Note
1 cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans lentils, rinsed (see Tip) or 3 cups cooked brown lentils (see Tip) or 3 cups green lentils (see Tip)
- 2 (7 ounce) cans salmon, drained and flaked or 1 1/2 cups flaked cooked salmon
- 1Whisk lemon juice, dill, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- 2Gradually whisk in oil.
- 3Add bell pepper, cucumber, onion, lentils and salmon; toss to coat.
- 4Per serving (1cup): 354 Calories; 18 g Fat; 3 g Sat; 12 g Mono; 31 mg Cholesterol; 25 g Carbohydrates; 24 g Protein; 9 g Fiber; 194 mg Sodium; 743 mg Potassium. 1 Carbohydrate Serving.
- 5Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 1/2 fat.
- 6MAKE AHEAD TIP: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- 7TIP: To cook lentils: Place in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until just tender, about 20 minutes for green lentils and 30 minutes for brown. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Lentil Salad With Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.7
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 170.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 26.9 g