Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
In 'How to Cook Everything Vegetarian' by Mark Bittman
Make and share this Lemony Lentil Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Put the lentils in a medium pot and cover with water by 1 inch.
- Add the bay leaf and garlic and bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower the heat so the lentils bubble gently.
- Cook until just tender but not burst, 20-30 minutes, checking occasionally to make sure there is always enough water at the bottom of the pan to keep the lentils from burning.
- Squeeze the juice from one of the lemons into a large bowl.
- Peel the other lemon and chop the segments roughly into small pieces, taking care to remove the seeds.
- Add the segments to the bowl along with the olive oil, capers, and chives.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and stir.
- Drain whatever water remains from the lentils and stir them into the dressing while still hot.
- Let rest, stirring occasionally to distribute the dressing, until they cool for a few minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning and serve warm or refrigerate for up to several days.