Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This cake is scrumptious. It has a very strong lemony flavor and it is very simple to make. I would strongly suggest this recipe to anyone who enjoys a light fruity dessert.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 2 lemons, juice and rind of
- Mix all cake ingredients together for about 4 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13 cake pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While cake is baking, mix icing together.
- It will be thin.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, gently poke holes all over with a fork.
- Drizzle icing over the hot cake.
- (Use all of it.) Enjoy!
Thanks, Ms Emma, for posting this delicious recipe. I make a similar cake, using either yellow cake mix or lemon cake mix. Also, I use apricot nectar in place of the water. My recipe calls for 4 eggs,(beat the whites separately and fold in). I bake mine in a tube pan for 45 minutes, and use 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and juice/zest of 1 lemon for the glaze.
We all liked the cake - especially the icing! - but I think next time I'll try it with a lemon cake mix. I used yellow, and it wasn't quite lemony enough for our tastes. Thanks!
Made this last weekend for the family, and it was a big hit (lemon recipes usually are)! I used a lemon cake mix instead of a yellow cake mix. I had a few Meyer lemons to be used up, so that's what I used for the glaze, along with a shot of limoncello that has been lurking in the fridge for some time. Thanks for posting!