Recipe by Satyne
Taken from here https://www.facebook.com/BreannaDoylePamperedChefExecutiveDirector definately worth a look, there is some amazing stuff on their page.
Top Review by MEB84
DELICIOUS! Moist, dense, soft, sweet, and super lemony. However, I feel that the recipe alone doesn't make enough or rise enough. Mine came out pretty then but just as they should flavor and texture wise. I would make again for sure but double the recipe. Mine were done in like 15 minutes no joke. I think it's bc the lemon juice started cooking the eggs(weird). Batter looked very curdled and separated but brownies still came out fine. I followed the directions completely and I have my own dessert business. I don't agree with the way and order the ingredients were mixed together bc it caused cooked eggs and curdling. I'll stick with creaming the butter and sugar together, then the eggs, etc like usual..not the method stated in the instructions. Lovely recipe though, thank you.
For the Brownie
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
For the tart lemon glaze
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Zest and juice two lemons and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.
- Pour it into the flour mixture and beat for 2 mins at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 23-25 mins, should turn golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing. Do not overbake, or the bars will dry.
- Filter the powdered sugar and whisk with lemon zest and juice.
- Spread the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set.
- Cut into bars and serve.