9 hrs 20 mins
Slow cooked from Diabetic Living
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 lbs leg of lamb, boneless
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, snipped or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large pita bread rounds, halved crosswise
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1Place onion in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Trim fat from roast. In a small bowl combine lemon-pepper seasoning and dry mustard. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the roast; rub in lightly with your fingers. Place roast in cooker. In a small bowl combine broth, lemon peel, lemon juice, rosemary, and garlic. Pour over all in cooker.
- 2Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- 3Remove meat from cooker. Using two forks, shred meat; discard fat. Place meat in a medium bowl. Using a slotted spoon, remove onion from cooker and stir into meat mixture. Discard cooking liquid in cooker.
- 4To serve, open pita bread halves to form pockets. Place a lettuce leaf in each pita half. Spoon meat into pita halves. Top meat with Yogurt Sauce and chopped tomato.
- 5For yogurt sauce:.
- 6In a small bowl stir together yogurt, cucumber, and lemon-pepper seasoning. Makes about 1/2 cup.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Lamb Pitas
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.8
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 76.9 mg
- Sodium 291.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning