1/1 Photo of Lemony Italian Salad
For an eye-catching presentation, arrange the tomatoes, cheese, spinach, lentils, and prosciutto in rows on a large square or rectangular serving platter. Serve it with hearty Italian bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup dried brown lentils
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese (3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup finely shredded asiago cheese (3 ounces)
- 2 cups baby fresh spinach leaves or 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced prosciutto (about 12 slices) or 1/2 lb ham (about 12 slices)
- 1Rinse lentils; place in a small saucepan with the water.
- 2Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 3Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or just until tender.
- 4Drain and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- 5Arrange the tomatoes, cheeses, spinach, cooked lentils, and prosciutto or ham on a large serving platter or in a serving dish.
- 6For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- 7Cover and shake well.
- 8Drizzle over salad.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Italian Salad
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.0
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.2 mg
- Sodium 226.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: