Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
For an eye-catching presentation, arrange the tomatoes, cheese, spinach, lentils, and prosciutto in rows on a large square or rectangular serving platter. Serve it with hearty Italian bread.
- 2⁄3 cup dried brown lentils
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese (3 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup finely shredded asiago cheese (3 ounces)
- 2 cups baby fresh spinach leaves or 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced prosciutto (about 12 slices) or 1⁄2 lb ham (about 12 slices)
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse lentils; place in a small saucepan with the water.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or just until tender.
- Drain and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- Arrange the tomatoes, cheeses, spinach, cooked lentils, and prosciutto or ham on a large serving platter or in a serving dish.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and shake well.
- Drizzle over salad.
Beautiful and tasty ingredients and a lovely presentation make this salad fit for company. Next time I might add olives and use chicken instead of the prosciutto, just a personal preference. Made for Witchin Kitchen and ZWT #7!
simply delicious! I love lentil salads, I omitted the ham as I served this with grilled chicken, thanks for sharing we really enjoyed this Annacia!