Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
When your garden overfloweth....From TOH Everyday Light Meals.
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, rice, chilies and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and stir in the remaining ingredients.
Made this with the long grain rice & some homemade vegetable broth, then cut back a little on the salt, while substituting lemon pepper for the usual pepper! Also included a rounded measure of lemon zest, & we were very pleased with this side of rice, & the keeper recipe you provided! Thanks so much! [Made & reviewed in the special event All Aboard the L-O-V-E Train!]
I'm not going to give this a starred rating because I made it with brown rice. It turned out pretty good but a little mushy. I think this one has potential as an oven baked rice with cheese. Made for the Photo tag game.
it was different nice light went great with scampi chicken thighs. would be great with fish or pork too