Recipe by cookiedog
When your garden overfloweth....From TOH Everyday Light Meals.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this with the long grain rice & some homemade vegetable broth, then cut back a little on the salt, while substituting lemon pepper for the usual pepper! Also included a rounded measure of lemon zest, & we were very pleased with this side of rice, & the keeper recipe you provided! Thanks so much! [Made & reviewed in the special event All Aboard the L-O-V-E Train!]
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, rice, chilies and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and stir in the remaining ingredients.