Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I use my crockpot all the time!
- 3 -4 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup marsala
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Put drumsticks in a large plastic bag.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together and add to the drumsticks, turning bag to cover all.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours or overnight. Put everything in the crock pot and cook for 5 to 6 hours on low.
- Place drumsticks in a baking pan and broil for a few minutes to brown, then serve.
I didn't have any white wine when I made this, but substituted mead instead. It was delicious!
I used chicken broth instead of the wine, and used breast meat instead of drumsticks .. Very good!! oh and I didn't marinate it either ..
I marinated about 2 hours in the crock itself (was pressed for time, & out of bags). Used Sutter Home White Zinfandel. It smelled heavenly cooking, and the meat was falling off the bone and not at all tough, but I was disappointed with the flavor - it tasted like plain chicken! (And grocery store chickens don't taste like much ...) Maybe with free-range chicken, a decent wine, fresh lemon juice & rosemary, the results would be better, but I won't be making it again (not even for the smell).