Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
quick easy side dish from gourmet magazine
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet.
- add onions and saute 3-4 minutes.
- add garlic, stir.
- add water, stock, lemon zest, bring to a boil.
- stir in couscous, cover, remove from heat, let it stand 5 minutes.
- fluff with a fork, add fresh herbs, lemon juice, 1 tbsp oil, salt& pepper to taste.
We really enjoyed this lemony couscous. Very light and fresh-tasting.
My whole family said it was really good. I upped the lemon zest and juice just a bit, but pretty much followed the recipe.