Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
From Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious. Try grilling the salmon directly on lemon slices. It leaves the salmon moist, flaky and extremely aromatic.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 24 ounces salmon fillets, skin removed
- 8 lemon slices, 3/4 inch thick
- In small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup into large resealable plastic bag, add salmon, seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting grill. Arrange lemon slices on rack. Drain and discard marinade.
- Place each salmon fillet over two lemon slices.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Brush with some of the reserved marinade. Grill 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining marinade.
Very good salmon which we enjoyed with grilled baby potatoes and a tossed salad. I never thought of putting the fish on lemon slices before, but will definitely use this technique again. Thanks for sharing this keeper recipe!