Recipe by Irish Rose
From Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious. Try grilling the salmon directly on lemon slices. It leaves the salmon moist, flaky and extremely aromatic.
Top Review by ellie_
Very good salmon which we enjoyed with grilled baby potatoes and a tossed salad. I never thought of putting the fish on lemon slices before, but will definitely use this technique again. Thanks for sharing this keeper recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 24 ounces salmon fillets, skin removed
- 8 lemon slices, 3/4 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup into large resealable plastic bag, add salmon, seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting grill. Arrange lemon slices on rack. Drain and discard marinade.
- Place each salmon fillet over two lemon slices.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Brush with some of the reserved marinade. Grill 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining marinade.