Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Use peak season fresh from your garden or Farmer’s Market green beans.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place beans in a saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; decrease heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until tender-crisp, about 6 minutes.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan; saute until flavors are blended, about 1 minute; serve immediately.
- **Variation—omit lemon juice and add 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.