Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I use baby carrots when I'm pressed for time.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced (or 1 lb baby carrots)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- Place carrots in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cover and simmer 10-12 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, lemon juice, salt, and tarragon. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Turn off heat.
- Drain carrots. Add hot lemon butter mixture to drained, cooked carrots and toss gently.
Great recipe! Tarragon is my favorite herb and this was perfect. Keeper all the way!
Perfect. The seasonngs are excelent. Not too sweet even w/the brown sugar. The tarragon really makes it special. But tarragon will do that to any dish. ;) Everybody loved this - even THE PICKY ONE whoo claims to not like carrots.