Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is truly a garlic-lover's chicken recipe, you can adjust the amount of garlic to suit taste.
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (can use more)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (can use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup milk (more if needed)
- 6 -7 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup melted butter (you may use use less butter to taste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 11 x 7 or a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a shallow dish combine the breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder and dried parsley (if using) until well combined.
- Place the milk in a bowl,.
- In the small bowl whisk together the melted butter with 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste) and lemon juice.
- Coat the chicken breast in milk (shaking off any excess milk) then coat into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the breasts into baking dish, then drizzle with the melted butter mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
Made these tonight and yum - SO good! I didn't have any seasoned bread crumbs, so I just used plain and it worked out fine. The family agreed this is one to keep. Thanks for sharing!
This was delicious! I used butter flavored cooking spray to butter my dish. After coating the chicken breasts with crumb mixture and placing in baking dish I put the rest of the crumb mixture on top of the breasts and slightly patted down then added butter/lemon mixture... didnt want it to go to waste! I did notice though that my butter/lemon mixture seemed to get clumpy and thick? I think I mixed it together to early and let it sit?? not sure... I might do that step very last next time... it didnt hurt the flavor.. it just didnt spread over the chicken as easily. I loved this recipe though and plan on making it again! Thanks Kittencalkitchen!
This was so good. I have made a similar recipe that didn't include the lemon juice. I ended up using about 3-4 teaspoons of lemon juice and cooked it about 40 minutes as I was waiting for Dh to get home. I put the rest of the crumb mixture on top of the chicken before I poured the butter on top. My Dh and I fought over the crusty parts at the edges. MMMmm good stuff.