Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Cooking time is chilling time. Herb butters are a nifty way to spice up any meal. I like herbed butters as a quick easy way to flavor frozen or canned veggies. Just add a dab of herbed butter and heat up the veggies. You can substitute margarine for the butter. If you choose to use dried herbs instead of fresh use 1 1/2 times the amount called for.
- 4 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces sweet unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Let butter soften to room temperature.
- Beat in other ingredients.
- Pack butter into molds or crocks or form balls with a melon baller.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Can be stored for upto 1 month in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.
This recipe went together in no time at all, & I did substitute some lemon pepper for the fresh ground kind! Used it this first time as a simple & tasty boost to some steamed asparagus! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars recipe tag]
My mixture kept wanting to break even though I used the food processor to blend it before adding the pepper. I used it to make garlic bread to go with lemon chicken tonight. I enjoyed the flavor and as another reviewer said I think it would be yummy on pasta. As to the breaking, the local store didn't have any fresh lemons so I had to use bottled and that might have been a factor.
I used this to have over my broiled swordfish and it was excellent! I also topped my noodles with it and it was good too!