Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comes from fitnessmagazine. I haven't tried it yet, just posting so that I can add it to my menu.
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 8 ounces whole wheat fusilli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise, sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 lemon, rind peeled in strips
- red pepper flakes, 1 small pinch
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 5 large basil leaves, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water with 2 teaspoons of the salt to a boil; add the fusilli. Cook until al dente.
- Warm 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the zucchini, scallions, pine nuts, lemon peel, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt; cook, tossing frequently, until zucchini is well browned and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer zucchini to a serving bowl. Remove lemon peel from pan. Mince 1/2 teaspoon of the peel and discard the rest. Squeeze half the lemon over the zucchini.
- Turn heat to medium-high and swirl in remaining olive oil. Add the chicken, minced lemon peel, and remaining salt; cook, stirring, until golden, about 7 minutes.
- Drain fusilli, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Add fusilli, zucchini, and reserved cooking water to skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and top with the basil and, if using, Parmesan.
Have made this twice now. It has an excellent light refreshing flavor and easy for weeknights. The only thing different I did was to grill the chicken on the grill and slice and add to the pasta.