A fresh and delicious fruit salad with a tangy lemon sauce. From The Vegetarian Gourmet's Easy Low-Fat Favorites.
- Combine fruit in a bowl.
- Use a mixture of fruit-- about 1/2 cup of each.
- For example: cut-up peaches, apricots, apples, melon, orange segments, blueberries, halved seedless grapes, quartered strawberries, etc.
- Combine water, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice in a small saucepan.
- Stir to dissolve cornstarch.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Add lemon zest and vanilla.
- Allow sauce to cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour sauce over fruit.
- Mix well.
- Chill in fridge until serving time.