Recipe by BecR
It's amazing how something so simple can be so good! Fresh asparagus spears sauteed in extra virgin olive oil with garlic, lemon thyme, Dijon mustard, and fresh lemon. Delicious! I will never go back to plain old steamed asparagus. Serve either hot, cold, or at room temperature. This is a great make-ahead dish.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
I really enjoyed this recipe. It is also a nice change from the balsamic vinegar ones. The lemon is a more subtle flavour & the mustard gives it the tang. I'm not a huge fan of Dijon so I substituted Deli mustard for some of the Dijon. It was very tasty & easy to make. Thanks for sharing.
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 453.59 g asparagus spear, washed and trimmed
- 2.46 ml fresh lemon thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.23 ml lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml lemon juice, freshly squeezed
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, thyme, Dijon mustard, lemon zest, lemon slices, and salt & pepper; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not over cook.
- Arrange on serving platter and squeeze with fresh lemon juice.
- Serve hot, cold, or at room temperature.