It's amazing how something so simple can be so good! Fresh asparagus spears sauteed in extra virgin olive oil with garlic, lemon thyme, Dijon mustard, and fresh lemon. Delicious! I will never go back to plain old steamed asparagus. Serve either hot, cold, or at room temperature. This is a great make-ahead dish.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb asparagus spear, washed and trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, thyme, Dijon mustard, lemon zest, lemon slices, and salt & pepper; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not over cook.
- Arrange on serving platter and squeeze with fresh lemon juice.
- Serve hot, cold, or at room temperature.