1/2 Photos of Lemony Fresh Asparagus With Thyme
It's amazing how something so simple can be so good! Fresh asparagus spears sauteed in extra virgin olive oil with garlic, lemon thyme, Dijon mustard, and fresh lemon. Delicious! I will never go back to plain old steamed asparagus. Serve either hot, cold, or at room temperature. This is a great make-ahead dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb asparagus spear, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- 2Add the asparagus, thyme, Dijon mustard, lemon zest, lemon slices, and salt & pepper; stir to combine.
- 3Cover and cook until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not over cook.
- 4Arrange on serving platter and squeeze with fresh lemon juice.
- 5Serve hot, cold, or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Fresh Asparagus With Thyme
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 483.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g