1/2 Photos of Lemony Flank Steak Skewers With Lemon Dipping Sauce
8 hrs 8 mins
Since I make this recipe for my BBQ get togethers, the amounts I have listed will make a ton of skewers, you might want to reduce the recipe to half and only use two steaks which should give you about 20-25 skewers (yield is only estimated) or make the complete recipe to feed a crowd! The amounts stated for the dipping sauce will yield about 4-1/2 cups, you might also want to reduce to half. To save time slice the meat a day ahead, and to make slicing easier, partially freeze the steaks before slicing for about 15 minutes. Plan ahead the dipping sauce needs to be chilled for a minimum of three hours before serving, or make 24 hours in advance, and the beef strips needs to marinade for 8 hours. This recipe also works well using pork strips! This is delicious, and a real crowd-pleaser!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup olive oil (can use a little less oil if desired)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- Tabasco sauce or red pepper, spice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs flank steaks (4, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices)
- seasoning salt (or use white salt to taste)
- 50 (12 inch) wooden skewers
LEMON DIPPING SAUCE
- 1For the flank steak; in a bowl combine the oil, zest, lemon juice, garlic, Tabasco and black pepper; transfer to a large heavy-duty Ziploc plastic bag.
- 2Add in the sliced beef and seal bag tightly; turn to coat the beef with marinade.
- 3Refrigerate for 8 hours.
- 4For the dipping sauce; combine all ingredients in a glass bowl; cover and chill a for about 3-24 hours before using.
- 5Soak the wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove the beef from marinade and discard the marinade.
- 7Thread each slice of marinated steak onto 1 skewer and place onto a large baking sheet.
- 8Season each beef skewer with seasoned salt and more black pepper.
- 9Place on a medium grill (about 350-375°F).
- 10Grill until desired doneness (I usually grill them for about 8 minutes turning once or twice).
- 11Serve with lemon dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Flank Steak Skewers With Lemon Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2901 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.6
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 22.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g