Prep 4 mins
Cook 6 mins
- to taste nonstick cooking spray
- 4 pieces sole fillets, 1/4 inch thick or 4 pieces flounder fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spray a 2 quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place fish in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Place tomato slices on top of fish.
- Sprinkle with green onion and basil.
- Bake for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
This is a very nice (as well as super fast and easy) way to bake fish...the tomato slices atop the filets are a very welcome "something different"! We actually substituted fresh Walleye Pike from beautiful Lake Kampeska which my husband caught this afternoon. YUM! I really loved it, but my hubby who is WAY more of a fried fish guy, insisted it was only worth 3 stars! Still, a WONDERFUL recipe!!!