Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Pillsbury's One Dish Meals. A nice way to fix fish, and it most certainly will be even better in the summer with garden fresh tomatoes. Enjoy!
- 1 lb cod fish fillet (I used flounder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium lemons, each cut into quarters
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle each side of fish with salt and pepper.
- In ungreased 13x9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish, arrange fish in single layer.
- Squeeze juice of three lemon quarters over fish. Arrange tomato slices on fish to cover, overlapping if necessary.
- In 8 inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently,until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley. Sprinkle onion mixture evenly over tomatoes. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon quarter over onion mixture.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve with remaining lemon quarters.
Since there's just two of us I semi-halved the recipie using 1/2 pound of fish, 1 lemon, and a small onion. It turned out fantasticly. It was very easy and quick. My SO gave it the 'make it again' review. I think next time I may try fresh parsley instead of the flakes or even cilantro or fresh basil.