Recipe by mer@
From Pillsbury's One Dish Meals. A nice way to fix fish, and it most certainly will be even better in the summer with garden fresh tomatoes. Enjoy!
Top Review by Umberle
Since there's just two of us I semi-halved the recipie using 1/2 pound of fish, 1 lemon, and a small onion. It turned out fantasticly. It was very easy and quick. My SO gave it the 'make it again' review. I think next time I may try fresh parsley instead of the flakes or even cilantro or fresh basil.
- 1 lb cod fish fillet (I used flounder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium lemons, each cut into quarters
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle each side of fish with salt and pepper.
- In ungreased 13x9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish, arrange fish in single layer.
- Squeeze juice of three lemon quarters over fish. Arrange tomato slices on fish to cover, overlapping if necessary.
- In 8 inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently,until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley. Sprinkle onion mixture evenly over tomatoes. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon quarter over onion mixture.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve with remaining lemon quarters.