Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the April 2006 issue of Bon Appetit. Also wonderful as a sandwich filling!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream (I used full fat)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon peel, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (I added closer to 2 teaspoons)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley or thyme (to garnish)
- Boil eggs, shell and cut in half lengthwise.
- In small bowl mash the yolks with a fork. Stir in the sour cream, mayonnaise and the mustard.
- Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice and cayenne.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture and spoon into the egg halves.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or thyme.
- If not eating immediately, cover well and refrigerate.
this is fantastic! i mashed it all up for sammies. my 10yo & i finished the bread then ate from the bowl. heeheehee. made for veggie swap 7/10. :)