Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Cooking Light magazine. A great Moroccan side dish. You can easily make this a main dish by adding cubed cooked chicken.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous (whole wheat or regular)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced English cucumbers
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine first 4 ingredients in medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Gradually stir in couscous.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork; cool.
- Combine couscous, tomatoes and next 5 ingredients (thru dill) in a large bowl; toss well. Add cheese.
Loved it!!! Made exactly as written, except we added a bit of turmeric for some color (and we like the taste!). This was so easy to make and so fresh. I can see us serving this with many types of food. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT9, for team Gourmet Goddesses
This was easy to make, light and tasty. Might add a little more seasoning next time, but I like things zippier. Made for ZWT 9.
A nice couscous salad that was good. I used mint from the garden and enjoyed the feta too! Made for ZWT 2013.