1/2 Photos of Lemony Couscous Salad
This recipe came from my San Diego friend. Very refreshing and lemony.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups boiling water
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint or 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Add the couscous, salt, and boiling water to a large mixing bowl.
- 2Cover bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
- 3Fluff couscous with a fork; all liquid should be asborbed; let cool to room temperature (I put the couscous in the frig to chill a little).
- 4Once the couscous is at room temperature, add the chopped green onion, cucumber, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, feta cheese, parsley, mint, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Toss salad gently.
- 6It is recommended that if you make this salad ahead of time, add the olive oil and lemon juice right before ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Couscous Salad
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.9
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 729.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 13.7 g