Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This recipe came from my San Diego friend. Very refreshing and lemony.
Top Review by Stardustannie
A very refreshing couscous sald...nice and lemmony! Would be great served alongside BBQ meat/chicken. Made exactly as directed this time but would reduce the water by 1/4 of a cup next time(personal preference). Yummo, thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups boiling water
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint or 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the couscous, salt, and boiling water to a large mixing bowl.
- Cover bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork; all liquid should be asborbed; let cool to room temperature (I put the couscous in the frig to chill a little).
- Once the couscous is at room temperature, add the chopped green onion, cucumber, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, feta cheese, parsley, mint, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss salad gently.
- It is recommended that if you make this salad ahead of time, add the olive oil and lemon juice right before ready to serve.