Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A flavorable muffin ready in less than one hour.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 14 3⁄4 ounces cream-style corn
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat egg, corn and oil; stir into dry mixture just until blended.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Good muffins. I used the juice of a lemon as well as cut back on the oil. I also like the can cream corn. Made them nice and moise.