1/3 Photos of Lemony Chickpea Stir-Fry (Vegan and Yum)
I found this recipe a few days ago on one of my foodie blogs, made it almost immediately, and I now have a new favorite. I'll be making this many times over until I'm sick of it, if that can be possible. Many years ago I used to be a vegan and went carnivore, but if I had had this around, I might have stuck with it a little longer. I alter the recipe here and there, and have posted a few changes. The original recipe states that this is for 4, but I could just graze on this all day long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fine grain sea salt
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (canned is fine, if you don't want to cook up a pot of dried chickpeas)
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 cup of chopped kale (I've also used spinach)
- 2 small zucchini, chopped (I don't even peel them)
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil In a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in a big pinch of salt, the onion, and chickpeas.
- 2Saute until the chickpeas are deeply golden and crusty.
- 3Stir in the tofu and cook just until the tofu is heated through, just a minute or so.
- 4Stir in the kale and cook for one minute more.
- 5Remove everything from the skillet onto a large plate and set aside.
- 6In the same skillet heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, add the zucchini and saute until it starts to take on a bit of color, two or three minutes.
- 7Add the chickpea mixture back to the skillet, and remove from heat.
- 8Stir in the lemon juice and zest, taste, and season with a bit more salt if needed.
- 9Turn out onto a platter and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Chickpea Stir-Fry (Vegan and Yum)
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.4
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 199.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 9.0 g