Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Lemony Chickpea Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine all ingredients except cilantro in a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer chickpea mixture to a bowl. Stir in cilantro.
This was really good - we enjoyed it. I used smoked paprika.
Like Engrossed, I pictured this recipe as hummus but it is thinner which isnt a bad thing! I did everything as directed except used full fat sour cream! Made for PAC. Thanks Redsie:)
This is VERY GOOD! It has a nice ZIP to it. It is appropriately named...I was expecting hummus but this is much thinner and a perfect lemony dip. It has a nice lemon/cumin flavor. I tried it with some homemade falafel and will eat the rest with crudites. I used regular sour cream. Made for Zaar Tag.