Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a delicious recipe for chicken! This recipe can easily be doubled.
Top Review by Deely
Kit, I'm honored to be the first to review this great recipe! First of all, the ingredients are everyday kitchen staples. Second, the flavors blend together wonderfully. It had a subtle complexity that I thoroughly enjoyed, but not too exotic for my meat and potatoes hubby. I had to substitute vidalia for the green onion. Too make things simpler on myself, I did everything in my cast iron skillet from start to finish. I warmed the juices in the micowave to help dissolve the sugar and salt. Since the recipe didn't specify, I baked covered for the first half hour and uncovered for the last 15 minutes. I'm wondering what a splash of marsala might do. Anyway, this is by far the best baked chicken recipe I've had in a long time. You've done it again, girl. TY
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 dash thyme
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 lbs chicken pieces
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (can use more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy plastic ziploc bag mix the flour, salt, pepper and thyme; shake the bag to combine all spices well.
- Shake/coat the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Brown the chicken pieces in 1/4 cup butter with 1 tablespoon oil on both sides, and transfer to a large greased casserole dish.
- In the same frypan, saute the green onions and mushrooms for about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the chicken pieces in the casserole.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and apple juice; mix well to combine.
- Pour over the chicken pieces.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for about 45 minutes.