Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From chatelaine magazine
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup creamy caesar salad dressing
- 1 tomatoes, seeds discarded, and chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium. Finely grate 1 tablespoon lemon peel into large bowl. Squeeze in 1/4 cup juice from lemon. Stir in oil,garlic,oregano,salt and pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat. Let stand while preparing sauce.
- For sauce,pour dressing into small bowl. Stir tomato into dressing with onion and basil.
- Place chicken on grill. Save any oil mixture in bowl. Barbecue, covered, 6 minutes,then baste with saved mixture. Discard any remaining mixture. Turn chicken and continue to barbecue,covered until chicken feels springy when pressed, 6 to 8 minutes. Place on a platter. Spoon basil-caesar sauce over chicken.