Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Cooking Light's Best Recipes from 25 years! Quick to make, so good for a weeknight!
- 4 (453.59 g) chicken cutlets
- 0.59 ml salt
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 56.69 g prosciutto, very thinly sliced, cut into 8 thin strips
- 19.71 ml extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 78.07 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml cornstarch
- 4 lemon wedges
- Sprinkle chicken cutlets evenly with salt. Place 3 sage leaves on each chicken cutlet; wrap 2 prosciutto slices around each cutlet, securing the sage leaves in place.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil to the skillet, swirling to coat the pan. Add the wrapped chicken cutlets to the pan; cook cutlets 2 minutes on each side or until the cutlets are done. Remove chicken cutlets from the pan to a platter and keep warm.
- Combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp cornstarch in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until the cornstarch mixture is smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture and remaining 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil to the pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook the mixture for 1 minute or until the sauce is slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Serve the sauce over the chicken. Enjoy!
I love this recipe. Easy, healthy and delicious. Served with roasted red potatoes and green beans.
Delicious! One of my all time favorite chicken dishes and this version was quick, fairly simple, and tasty. I used boneless chicken breasts pounded thin in place of the cutlets. It stretched the prep time to about 30 minutes. I also made six, split between two pans and doubled the sauce which I then used over a quinoa side dish I prepared.
Oh my! Nothing could be faster, nor easier and with such a punch of flavor! I did have a less expensive type of prosciutto, so they were large pieces so that I only needed 1 to wrap each cutlet. So use your judgment. Thanks for posting. I will make this again and again it is so good and quick.