Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs 5 mins
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution: Volume 2’ by ATK
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 4 ounces Baby Spinach (4 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Microwave onion, oil, garlic, and oregano in bowl, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in rice.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours on LOW.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board, let cool slightly, then shred into bite-size pieces.
- Gently stir shredded chicken, spinach, 1 cup feta, and half-and-half into slow cooker and let sit until spinach is wilted and casserole is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon zest and juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup feta.