5 hrs 35 mins
5 hrs 5 mins
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution: Volume 2’ by ATK
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 4 ounces Baby Spinach (4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1Microwave onion, oil, garlic, and oregano in bowl, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- 2Stir in rice.
- 3Season chicken with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.
- 4Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours on LOW.
- 5Transfer chicken to cutting board, let cool slightly, then shred into bite-size pieces.
- 6Gently stir shredded chicken, spinach, 1 cup feta, and half-and-half into slow cooker and let sit until spinach is wilted and casserole is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in lemon zest and juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup feta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Chicken and Rice With Spinach and Feta
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.5
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 573.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 39.6 g