Recipe by Nonnie4Two
From Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee. I usually serve this with either brown rice or fried rice. I also generally add some red pepper flakes to the sauce to spice it up a little.
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 11 ounces lemon curd
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large frying pan to 1/2 inch depth.
- Heat oil to 365º.
- Whisk buttermilk and zest together in medium bowl.
- Add chicken and set aside.
- Sift flour and corn starch together into a shallow dish.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture and dredge in flour mixture.
- Fry chicken until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip chicken and continue cooking another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- While chicken is frying, make the sauce.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt lemon curd stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken and serve.