1/2 Photos of Lemony Cheesecake With Berry Sauce (Raw Vegan)
3 hrs 40 mins
Mmmm, cheesecake! A healthy, guilt-free version with lots of living enzymes. If you use raw ingredients, and virgin, unrefined, coconut oil (preferably organic), this recipe is so good for you! It looks like a lot of coconut oil, but it works out to less than 1 tbsp per slice, and that's less than the recommended daily amount to get all those wonderful fatty acids they're talking about with coconut oil these days. So, well, hey, have a 2nd slice! :-) We love this cheesecake and we're rarely without one in our freezer "just in case". There are lots of raw cheesecake recipes floating around the 'net, and after trying many of them, this is our version, taking little bits of each and doing what we like with it. I also tend to make more than one at a time, and keep them in the freezer, so I don't have to make them as often. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 473.18 ml almonds
- 236.59 ml dates
For the Cheese
- 709.77 ml cashews (soaked for at least 1 hour)
- 177.44 ml lemon juice, fresh
- 177.44 ml raw honey
- 177.44 ml coconut oil (when liquid, see 2nd step)
- 118.29 ml water
- 0 vanilla beans or 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml celtic sea salt
For berry sauce
- 1Soaking the cashews makes them nice and soft, and will help make the cheese smooth, so do try to soak them for a full hour before you start the recipe, if possible. So, if they're not in water yet, get those cashews in some water first! :).
- 2Scoop out a little over 3/4 cup of coconut oil in a glass measuring cup, and place measuring cup in a few inches of very warm water, but not reaching the top of the measuring cup. You could do this in the sink or in a large bowl. This is to warm the coconut oil from a solid to a liquid. Stir every couple of minutes while you make the crust, and it will melt faster. If your house is very warm, and your coconut oil is already liquid, you get to skip this step!
- 3Place ingredients for crust in a food processor, and process until fine. Press crust mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- 4Check your coconut oil, and double-check measurement once it's all melted.
- 5Put all ingredients for cheese into food processor, and process at high speed until very smooth. Adjust to taste.
- 6Pour mixture onto crust. Tap the pan on your countertop a few times to remove any air bubbles.
- 7Put cheesecake in freezer until firm, at least 3 hours, but I usually do it overnight. The freezer step is important because it sets the mixture. Transfer to fridge and it will be ready to eat after about an hour.
- 8To make the berry sauce, blend or process ingredients until smooth, and adjust to taste. Store in airtight jar in the fridge, and spoon a couple of tablespoons onto slices when serving.
- 9Note: If it's a very hot day, keep in mind that the cheesecake will melt if it's left out, because of the coconut oil, so leave it in the fridge until just before serving, and all will be fine.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Cheesecake With Berry Sauce (Raw Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.2
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 296.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: