This recipe comes from the Blackberry Farm Inn in Tennessee. I found it in an old Bon Appetite magazine. The prep time does not reflect the chilling time of the pastry dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 4 tablespoons ice water (or more)
For the Filling
- 1For The Crust: In a food processor, combine the flour and salt.
- 2Pulsing, add butter until a coarse meal developes.
- 3Blend in 4 tablespoons of ice water.
- 4Pulse until pastry forms moist clumps.
- 5Add more ice water if necessary.
- 6Gather into a ball and flatten into a disk.
- 7Wrap in plastic and chill at least 1 hour.
- 8Preheat oven to 350^F.
- 9On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry dough to form a 12 inch round.
- 10Transfer to a 9 inch glass pie plate.
- 11Fold edges under and crimp.
- 12For The Filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the sugar, butter, and flour.
- 13Beat until well blended.
- 14Add eggs 1 at a time, beating.
- 15Then add the vanilla, lemon juice and lemon peel.
- 16Beat in the Buttermilk.
- 17Pour into pie crust and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 18Bake 40 minutes, or until filling is puffy and top is brown.
- 19Place the pie on a rack and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Buttermilk Pie
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.9
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 126.2 mg
- Sodium 206.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 39.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g