Recipe by RecipeNut
Prep Time includes Chilling time ; )
Top Review by Baby Kato
These were great cookies RecipeNut. We really enjoyed these sweet, fragile cookies. They were tender, light, crisp and subtley flavored. I made large hearts and glazed them lightly with a simple sugar and lemon syrup. Thanks so much for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- additional sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- Beat in egg until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour, lemon juice, lemon peel, baking powder and salt.
- Cover; refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Roll out dough, a small portion at a time, on well-floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- (Keep remaining dough in refrigerator.) Cut with 3-inch round or fluted cookie cutter.
- Transfer to ungreased cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets.
- Remove from wires racks; cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.