Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Vegetarian Times
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup bulgur
- 4 cups arugula, divided
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 drops red pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water and salt to a boil in large saucepan. Add bulgur, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, pulse 2 cups arugula, parsley, green onions, and garlic in food processor until finely chopped. Add lemon juice, oil, and red pepper sauce, and pulse until combined.
- Remove bulgur from heat, and stir in arugula mixture, chickpeas, and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Place 1/4 cup remaining arugula on each plate, and top with bulgur.