1/2 Photos of Lemony Brown Sugar Baked Rice Pudding
2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
I added in dried sweet cherries in place of the raisins, it is simply outstanding! Remember if you are using dried cherries, make certain to purchase the sweet dried cherries, not the tart kind! Just a hint, wash your rice with cold water under a strainer before using!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease a 1-1/2-quart baking dish.
- 3In a saucepan, heat the water and lemon juice to boiling.
- 4Remove from heat and drop in the raisins (or dried cherries if using).
- 5Let sit for 3-4 minutes to absorb the liquid and plump up.
- 6Combine the rice with milk and half and half cream, brown sugar and salt in the prepared baking dish; mix to combine.
- 7Bake for about 1 hour, stirring often so the rice doesn't settle to the bottom.
- 8Remove from oven and stir in the lemon juice/water/raisin mixture with the lemon rind and the cinnamon.
- 9Return to oven and bake for about another 1-1/2 hours, or until the milk is absorbed.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Brown Sugar Baked Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.9
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 411.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 63.7 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of