1/2 Photos of Lemony Brown Rice Pilaf
A tasty side dish that I invented to go with a Greek meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy saucepan, saute onion in about half of the butter until soft.
- 2Add additional butter and allow to melt. Stir in rice and cook two minutes, stirring to coat rice with butter.
- 3Add chicken stock and 2 T lemon juice. Bring to a boil, cover TIGHTLY*, turn heat low, and simmer 50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 4Remove from heat and add lemon zest and additional lemon juice to taste.
- 5*TIP: if your pot lids aren't very tight, you can put a few layers of grease-proof paper or a clean tea-towel over the pot and jam the lid on over it.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Brown Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.0 mg
- Sodium 213.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g