- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse rice well. Bring to a boil 2 cups of water,salt, lemon juice & rind, bay leaf and parsley.
- Add rice. Return to a boil, then lower heat and cover.
- Simmer for 40 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
- Turn heat off and let the rice sit , covered and undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- Add butter or oil and mix gently with a fork.(take bay leaf out).