Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this simple rice & it goes well with so many meals.
Make and share this Lemony Brown Basmati Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse rice well. Bring to a boil 2 cups of water,salt, lemon juice & rind, bay leaf and parsley.
- Add rice. Return to a boil, then lower heat and cover.
- Simmer for 40 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
- Turn heat off and let the rice sit , covered and undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- Add butter or oil and mix gently with a fork.(take bay leaf out).
Easy way to give a little extra flavor to basmati rice. I have made it with white basmati as well and just reduced cooking time to about 15 minutes. Great side dish.
Good variation on the standard rice. I did do it with white basmati rice and maybe i didn't quite wing the fluffyness that everyone talks about.The flavor was definitely on the spot, and went rather well with "spicy indian dahl recipe"
I had a bottle of lemon juice but I didn't have a lemon on hand so I added 1/2 tbsp of juice to the amount written and did everything else as directed. This went very well with Kozmic Blues' Sweet Potato Curry With Spinach and Chickpeas.