Vino Girl's Note:
From Food & Wine, June 2006 (credited to Marc Meyer). This is more olive oil than I like to use, but this can be easily cut back.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 5 large garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a medium bowl, toss the chickpeas with the lemon juice and 1/2 cup of the olive oil.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the broccoli until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- 4Using a slotted spoon, transfer the broccoli to a colander and rinse under cold water until cool.
- 5Add the rigatoni to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- 6Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- 7Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat until the garlic is golden, about 3 minutes.
- 8Add the broccoli and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 9Add the chickpea mixture and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- 10Drain the rigatoni, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- 11Add the pasta to the broccoli and chickpeas along with the reserved cooking water and season with salt and pepper.
- 12Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the rigatoni is coated with sauce.
- 13Remove from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- 14Transfer the pasta to a bowl, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Broccoli and Chickpea Rigatoni
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.8
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.5 mg
- Sodium 577.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 25.0 g